Home » Open Source » MySQL » Execute already written Mysql query on the oracl
Execute already written Mysql query on the oracl [message #407188] Tue, 09 June 2009 00:10 Go to next message
iram_fa@hotmail.com
Hi

I have successfully converted my MySql database in oracle. Now the problem is how to execute application based already written hundreds of Mysql query on the oracle. There are many syntax variation in Mysql query format which is not acceptable for oracle.

For Example

Select case_id as 'this is alias' from cases

The above query can run on Mysql database but have problem while executing Oracle, because single quotes should be replaced with double quotes before executing it on oracle. There are also many other syntax conflicts.

I have tried to resolve the problem through SwisSQLAPI but problem still exist as SwisSQLAPI is not dealing with all syntax conflict. In my case (select if (expresion, true,false)) must be replace with decode (expression, value,true,false) function of oracle and this conversion is not supported by SwisSQLAPI.

Please help me in resolving this problem

Thanks
Re: Execute already written Mysql query on the oracl [message #407191 is a reply to message #407188] Tue, 09 June 2009 00:54 Go to previous message
Frank
Rewrite your application.
Seriously, every bandage/patch you think you can apply smartly to translate one into the other will result in sub-optimal performance and a (future) maintenance nightmare.
Previous Topic: mysql.jdbc.driver connection error
Next Topic: oracle forms with mysql
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 03:15:52 CDT 2024