Home » Server Options » RAC & Failsafe » Performance tuning for Failsafe configured databases (Oracle 10g R2)
Performance tuning for Failsafe configured databases [message #421747] Thu, 10 September 2009 04:27
minhajrasool
Hello,

In my organization there are two Oracle 10g database servers configured for high availability using Oracle failsafe manager (active/passive mode). Data, control and redo logs files are located on SAN. We are experiencing performance degradation since a month and after monitoring and analyzing i have observed that more redo log groups needs to be created.
My question is how can i add redo log groups in such configuration? Will it be the same as we do in normal standalone database? Do i have to shutdown the fail safe services and create the group or it can be done on the active database node and the efeects will automatically be reflected on the passive node? Do i have to do it through failsafe console?
Actually i dont have any experience in Oracle Fail safe manager and i am unable to find any satisfactory material on the net.

Looking forward for your help...
Previous Topic: How do I remove node2-vip from node1 after node2 crash
Next Topic: Issue with OraInventory location during upgrade
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:20:02 CDT 2024