Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Oracle instance service status shows like starting instead of started after reboot the system
Oracle instance service status shows like starting instead of started after reboot the system [message #50168] Mon, 04 March 2002 23:23 Go to next message
Jay
I used Database configuration assiatant in oracle 8i to create a new database in windows 2000 server.The instance service work normal (status is started). But after I reboot the server the service status show "starting"? How come?. I created more than five databases. Those are getting same problem after rebooting the system. How to solve it.
Re: Oracle instance service status shows like starting instead of started after reboot the system [message #50180 is a reply to message #50168] Tue, 05 March 2002 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kassim Kasmani
Sometimes, when the status of an Oracle Instance in the Services is shown as 'Starting', you should start the instance manually from server manager.

Hope this helps!

Re: Oracle instance service status shows like starting instead of started after reboot the system [message #50219 is a reply to message #50168] Wed, 06 March 2002 07:29 Go to previous message
Wei Lang
You can change the reg in Window to do the auto startup.

Wei
Previous Topic: temporary tablespace - question
Next Topic: Why Apache web server in my oracle9i ??
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Aug 25 03:00:56 CDT 2024