Home » Server Options » RAC & Failsafe » multiple Oracle home machine on two node RAC ENV (Oracle10G linux machine)
multiple Oracle home machine on two node RAC ENV [message #546276] Tue, 06 March 2012 01:36 Go to next message
gauravsrivastava
Hi Team,

I have two node RAC database running on linux machine (Oracle10G SE), our requirnment is to install new oracle binaries for Oracle10G EE on diffrent home location.

after install Oracle10G EE binaries on new oracle home , i want to point our existing database to new Oracle10G EE home to adotp a features of Oracle10G EE features.

But at the same time i dont want to deinstall our Oracle10G SE binaries.

So it is possible to rollback our process to point our database back to Oracle10G SE from Oracle10G EE in case anything going wrong.

Request you to please help me on this and provide me the steps of doing this

Thanks in Advance.

Gaurav
Re: multiple Oracle home machine on two node RAC ENV [message #546279 is a reply to message #546276] Tue, 06 March 2012 01:42 Go to previous message
John Watson
I think you are asking if it is possible to downgrade a database from EE to SE? The answer is "no". I've beeen through this recently. The only technnique is export from EE and import into a new SE database. This is documented in Note 139642.1
Previous Topic: Global cache Average CR get time
Next Topic: Which node will be evicted?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 20:13:54 CDT 2024