Home » Server Options » RAC & Failsafe » Clusterware installation (Oracle 10gR2 32 bit on Win server 2003 64 bit)
Clusterware installation [message #570403] Thu, 08 November 2012 13:05 Go to next message
aalmoosa
I was attempting to install Oracle 10g R2 clusterware 32 bit on Windows server 2003 Enterprise 64 bit, I have configured my environment using "Starwind" as a third party tool to create a SAN disks from the local machine and map them to my two virtual nodes using hyper-V. Each node was having public and private ips. I have added the IPs (public, private and virtual) in the host file. Map the disks to each node using the ISCSI initiator, enable auto-mount the disks and restart the server, then start initializing the disks in the disk management.
When I have started the setup of CLUSTERWARE the wizard detected the local host name private ip and virtual ip for the first node and I have added the second node. Continuing the setup wizard, I have made one of the disks as OCR and another disk as Voting disk. Everything sounds good until this part without any problems.

During the installation specifically while trying to create the services it gave me the below errors

os error in starting service ocfs
os error in starting service orafenceservice
The service depends on another service that has failed to start

And after completion of installing clusterware the Oracle cluster configuration assistant was in pending stage then change the status to cancelled and all other services below it were in pending stage.

I have tried to start the services manually through "services.msc" and it gave me the below error

Could not start the OracleClusterVolumeService on Local computer Error: 1068
And the same error for the below services on both nodes,
OracleCRService
OracleCSService
OracleEVMService

Please if anyone provide me a solution to solve my problem and follow up with me the steps I did just in case I have missed a step or did it by mistake.

Regards
Abdulla
Re: Clusterware installation [message #570404 is a reply to message #570403] Thu, 08 November 2012 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
I do not believe that it is possible to run the 32bit software reliably on a 64bit operating system. Start again, with the 64bit software.
Re: Clusterware installation [message #570406 is a reply to message #570403] Thu, 08 November 2012 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aalmoosa
yeah i thought about the compatibility issue but Oracle clusterware setup was accepted to be installed on Win-2003-64-bit, it didn't show any warning or error message when the wizard was started.

Abdulla.
Re: Clusterware installation [message #570519 is a reply to message #570406] Sun, 11 November 2012 16:49 Go to previous message
mkounalis
Oracle in fact does not support running 32-bit Oracle database binaries on 64-bit Windows. It would be a good idea to just use the 64-bit version of Oracle on Windows. Is there a reason you are attempting a 32-bit installation? I know that some people have installed 32-bit Oracle on 64-bit Windows, but only for migration and upgrade purposes - and usually the installations had to be shoe-horned in.
Previous Topic: creating cluster resources for oracle enterprise manager using clusterware
Next Topic: RAC and its behaviour
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 17 22:21:43 CDT 2024