Home » Other » Marketplace » Where to find Oracle Service Providers - Freelancers ?
Where to find Oracle Service Providers - Freelancers ? [message #635952] Mon, 13 April 2015 15:47 Go to next message
dolphin0
Hi,

It is my first post here. I tried to post project request (i am buyer, searching for freelancer) on all 3 major freelance websites: Odesk, Freelancer, Elance but no success with finding appropriate service provider. I was researching if what I need exist already, didn't find anything useful but what I found is that my case could be solved with Oracle. So I decided to register here and ask for some tips to find appropriate freelancer? Where else could I look for someone to who could I pay to do the project for me? I even tried Linkedin and some social media experts search also on facebook. Found some freelancers working with Oracle but noone seemed to have enough experiences and/or willingness for exact subject I was searching for. I am looking to pay via escrow (google term "escrow" if you don't know it) so it could be safe for both of us. Would appreciate for any tip on how to search oracle service provider. I even tried yahoo answers and no replies there.
Re: Where to find Oracle Service Providers - Freelancers ? [message #635954 is a reply to message #635952] Mon, 13 April 2015 17:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolphin0
hello?
Re: Where to find Oracle Service Providers - Freelancers ? [message #635955 is a reply to message #635954] Mon, 13 April 2015 18:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
Don't be so impatient.
It might help if you actually described more completely what you seek.

> Found some freelancers working with Oracle but noone seemed to have enough experiences and/or willingness for exact subject I was searching for.
What is the exact subject?
What will the ideal candidate have to produce?
What are the requirements for your project?
Re: Where to find Oracle Service Providers - Freelancers ? [message #635958 is a reply to message #635955] Tue, 14 April 2015 01:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

Also if you do not give fee range you will likely have few answers but from beginners.
Skilled people have enough offers to read to not ask for those that do not provide complete information.
Your current offer is like "I sell a car who is interested?".

Re: Where to find Oracle Service Providers - Freelancers ? [message #635960 is a reply to message #635952] Tue, 14 April 2015 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
Have you written any sort of RFQ (Request For Quotation) or ITT (Invitation To Tender) document? Or a full specification? If so, just post it here. Or email it to a few consulting companies (I work for one). You may get more useful responses if you include some idea of what you think the budget should be. For example, a sales droid from KPMG or Oracle Consulting is unlikely to respond sensibly to a job that will take only a few days. And you do not want replies from individuals if delivery times and post-install support are important.
Re: Where to find Oracle Service Providers - Freelancers ? [message #635983 is a reply to message #635960] Tue, 14 April 2015 04:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolphin0
Michel fee without exact description of project doesn't have much sense and according to my Private Messages box, noone has showed interest on this forum yet.

I wonder if any of you are service providers also who could implement complete solution to buyer for a fee/payment or working only for yourself? What I need could even be solved with Microsoft Dynamics and many other applications but it seems like only in Oralce work I still have some possibility to find service provider. Tried everything else, including Microsoft Dynamics, even tried Oracle on freelancer/odesk/elance. No luck.

John yes I wrote full specification on freelance websites, sent some invites, but noone bidded. I am NOT looking to learn Oracle (don't even know what this is honestly) but I only found out that what I need can be done with Oracle. I wouldn't mind (means i would agree with it) a lecture/learning exact steps belonging to my need and open Oracle.exe for every time I have to work on my need.

[Updated on: Tue, 14 April 2015 04:24]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Where to find Oracle Service Providers - Freelancers ? [message #635985 is a reply to message #635983] Tue, 14 April 2015 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
Post the specification here. It is not possible for anyone to assist you unless you do that.
Re: Where to find Oracle Service Providers - Freelancers ? [message #635992 is a reply to message #635983] Tue, 14 April 2015 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

Quote:
Michel fee without exact description of project doesn't have much sense and according to my Private Messages box, noone has showed interest on this forum yet.

I will not spend any time to PM you if I am not sure about what you are talking specifically.

As John said, post the detail of your actual need/requirement/specification...

Re: Where to find Oracle Service Providers - Freelancers ? [message #635995 is a reply to message #635952] Tue, 14 April 2015 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolphin0
Here is description. Although it is very much unlikely I would be so lucky that someone of you reading this message would already be able (not necessary experiences/knowledge only but also availability) to provide this service, I would appreciate a lot if you could at least point me to right direction.

I am searching highly skilled master, in banking system for BOTH banks and credit unions inside 37 SEPA countries who has a lot of experiences in ISO20022 standard. I am searching for expert in SEPA XML Files who knows a lot about direct debit/credit requests where one of several purposes is to avoid dealing with any type of TAN code. I already asked countless of banks/credit unions' representatives for instructions. Both in branches and on phone and NO employee knows anything about this. I am all the time getting the answers like:

"I have never heard for XML files uploading"
"There is no way you could avoid TAN code"
"We don't deal with ISO20022"
"Try our online banking because all features are there. If you cannot find what you search, we don't offer this"
"We don't have possibility to accept any uploads of any kind of files from our customers except in contact form within online banking"
"The only way to do direct debit/credit is to do manual outgoing transaction within online banking"
etc

I am tired and fed up of such comments from employees who are paid to help and decided to come to an end with this. Having ZERO experiences with this, never done anything like that neither for direct debit nor direct credit, I am asking for someone who would offer me the following service:

Teach me in most understandable way and shortest possible way how to request direct debit and how to request direct credit - entire procedure from zero. Regardless if money is going to different account in same bank, different bank in same country or different country. I prefer that your service would be done on some real examples. I don't want time consuming theory, only real situation solutions. E.g. I have details of account where debit/credit should happen and details of account where funds should arrive to. How to start? Where? From where to obtain needed details? Where to type them? What if some word contains NONenglish alphabet letter? What if on account isn't sufficient amount of money? Where to obtain information which information is required by particular bank to be typed in request for credit/debit? At what time on business day does the procedure starts? Is the procedure 100% automated or any human handles it? Where to get particular XML file template with needed details for EXACT SEPA bank or credit union? Any particular SEPA banks/credit unions where this procedure won't work? When can I expect arrival of funds? Is memo reference message possible? What if I need NONenglish alphabet letters in memo? What is max length of memo? Can be memo used for both direct debit and direct credit? How about alerts on sender (debit/credit) side, e.g. sms text or call? How about alerts on receiver (deposit) side? Where exactly and how should be file uploaded (outside of online banking) - does it depend on particular bank? Any way to automate the procedure of uploading the file? How does the transaction on receiver side (deposit/wire?) look like on account activity page? Can it look like Wire type? Etc.. Those are the QUESTIONS I WILL SURELY ASK YOU. And many more.

KEYWORDS: From bidder, who will teach me how to do this, I expect perfect knowledge in all those keywords:

sepa banking
sepa banks
MsgId, CreDtTm, NbOfTxs, CtrlSum, Nm, PmtInfId, BtchBookg, CtgyPurp, ReqdExctnDt, InstdAmt Ccy and HOUNDREDS more tags
37 sepa countries
sepa credit unions
sepa transactions
iso20022
xml file
xml file upload
direct debit
direct credit
direct deposit
pain.008
pain.001
memo reference message
debit/credit to wire conversion
deposit to wire conversion
sepa money transmit
international direct debit
international direct credit
international direct deposit

I did my best to obtain the knowledge on my own but absolutelly nothing helps me. Neither houndreds of resources I used to read, neither software like the one on sepadirectdebits.ie or on sepa-tool.de I even tried the following book:

https://swift.emsecure.net/optiext/optiextension.dll?ID=s6Xs3edoaDubJrCTTDPwBvlhGOI0hJ8QfIDOb6bUyOS%2BaxLcIBXZ6MIjwNBoCsxEp0Dw6bUR0LA LUYkfwY

Not even this helps anyhow. I am already stucked on total ZERO step after having both account (receiver, sender) details which is starting to type the request. Don't know what to use in columns, which parameters, where to obtain needed info, nothing.

SUMMARY: After project/lecture/software done, I must on my own be able to:

1. Choose whether I need to do direct debit or direct credit

2. Choose bank/CU name where account is hold where funds will be debited/credited

3. For either debit/credit case, obtain most important bank/CU account details from step 2. Along clearly defining whether it is personal or business account, whether it is joint or not, those are five: accountholder name, account number, swift/iban/bic code, amount, currency (i heard sepa debit/credit sometimes work with currency other than euro too). If this was debit, the details are on client's signed authorization form.

4. Repeat step 2 but for account where funds arrive to.

5. Repeat step 3 but for account where funds arrive to.

6. For ANY chosen sepa bank/CU be able to define EXACT file needed to be uploaded or transmitted to institution with 100% correct required TAGs. If, from step 1, it is direct debit, this 6th step would depend on step 4. If, from step 1, it is direct credit, this 6th step would depend on step 2. Note for the case that at any time institution can require something more or something less. I must be able, using knowledge/software/solution received by you, to obtain needed info about EXACT require debit/credit file in real time. Note for the case that new country MAY become sepa member or existing country may step down from sepa membership. When completing this step, the file has to be ready and valid to be uploaded with met exact conditions (english alphabet letters only allowed, and/or nonenglish letters allowed and/or blank spaces allowed and/or symbols allowed and/or digit numbers allowed + max/min length of each).

Sample in XML: https://www.sendspace.com/file/qkbaai

Sample in TXT: https://www.sendspace.com/file/q6cax5

7. Upload/transmit the file regardless what is defined in step 2 and 4. No offical online banking applications, neither CU's application, will offer that feature.
Re: Where to find Oracle Service Providers - Freelancers ? [message #636000 is a reply to message #635995] Tue, 14 April 2015 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
I wouldn't think that you'll find anyone who offers training for this sort of thing, you have to work it out for yourself. Every bank has a different interface. For example, for HSBC (which I happen to know) it is the "HSBC SWIFT for corporates" solution which can take documents for EDIFACT, SWIFT, XML IS020022, and I think a few others. There is nothing special about this, you work with the bank's standard to construct your docs accordingly. If you are using a mainstream accounting package (EBS, for instance) it should come with interfaces supplied.
Re: Where to find Oracle Service Providers - Freelancers ? [message #636003 is a reply to message #636000] Tue, 14 April 2015 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolphin0
John I apologize for correcting you but if what you said really matched the description, that would mean I would have to deal (you said "construct your docs accordingly") with all sepa banks and all sepa credit unions and fill some docs. Those are like 5000+ institutions and don't think I would be done in next 100 years plus surely I wouldn't want that my ability of what I am requesting depends on credit union's or bank's employee decision to approve me or not.
Re: Where to find Oracle Service Providers - Freelancers ? [message #636009 is a reply to message #636003] Tue, 14 April 2015 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
What exactly is the input data source format?
From where does the input data source originate?
What data transformation needs to occur with the input data?
To where do the results need to be deposited?
What is the data format for the desired result set?
Why is Oracle database part of this problem or solution?
Re: Where to find Oracle Service Providers - Freelancers ? [message #636010 is a reply to message #636003] Tue, 14 April 2015 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
If you really are working with 5000+ financial services providers (which sounds ludicrous to me) you'll have to discuss with each of them how to do it. I hope you can remember 5000+ logon credentials Smile
Re: Where to find Oracle Service Providers - Freelancers ? [message #636012 is a reply to message #636003] Tue, 14 April 2015 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ThomasG
What is your part in all of this?

I would not say I'm a "highly skilled master", but I have created and send SEPA files to our bank.

The first thing that you have to realize is that you can't sent SEPA files to just any bank you like, you can only sent SEPA files to banks where you have an account, and where you have the matching credentials for that account.

That specific bank then will tell you how exactly to transfer those files, and of course they only accept files that relate to your own accounts. And of course they don't process any files that are not authorized in some way during the upload with a TAN or a similar mechanism.
Re: Where to find Oracle Service Providers - Freelancers ? [message #636195 is a reply to message #636012] Sun, 19 April 2015 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolphin0
still noone?
Re: Where to find Oracle Service Providers - Freelancers ? [message #636196 is a reply to message #636195] Sun, 19 April 2015 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
Face up to it, man: either you have to do the work yourself, or you can pay someone to do it for you. You aren't going to get training course. If what you really want is two things for the price of one (consultancy billed as tuition) you may be out of luck.
Re: Where to find Oracle Service Providers - Freelancers ? [message #636204 is a reply to message #636195] Sun, 19 April 2015 15:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
dolphin0 wrote on Sun, 19 April 2015 10:24
still noone?

If you won't answer my questions, why should I answer your questions?
Re: Where to find Oracle Service Providers - Freelancers ? [message #636224 is a reply to message #636204] Mon, 20 April 2015 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolphin0
John Watson wrote on Sun, 19 April 2015 12:42
Face up to it, man: either you have to do the work yourself, or you can pay someone to do it for you. You aren't going to get training course. If what you really want is two things for the price of one (consultancy billed as tuition) you may be out of luck.

I believe I mentioned at least three times that I am looking to PAY someone who could I hire to do the service for me. Obviously via some secured escrow/milestone website such as freelancer.com so we could be both safe when it comes to my payment.

BlackSwan wrote on Sun, 19 April 2015 15:48
If you won't answer my questions, why should I answer your questions?

What exactly is the input data source format?

either txt or xml, depending of the software (if any) the data could be typed within it and, if complete solution implemented, this data sent to credit union or bank.

From where does the input data source originate?

if direct credit: from info of my accounts I have handy. If direct debit: from signed authorization form provided to me by clients.

What data transformation needs to occur with the input data?

whatever tags does particular cu or bank require. Thats why I am looking for solution that would know in real time which cu/bank required to be defined - which tags. Real Time means that at any time particular cu/bank can require something more or something less. Also new country can become sepa member or existing sepa country can step down from sepa membership.

To where do the results need to be deposited?

Not deposited but transmited to cu or bank, as requested in the file on receiver side (if debit) or sender side (if credit) and from cu/bank when request turns into transaction, the procedure has to be entirely automated.

What is the data format for the desired result set?

as mentioned, xml/txt

Why is Oracle database part of this problem or solution?

because I found many topics linked to Oracle when i was searching for solution on my own, one of many is:

https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E51367_01/financialsop_gs/FAOFC/F1480079AN1F064.htm#F1347018AN207DA
Re: Where to find Oracle Service Providers - Freelancers ? [message #636227 is a reply to message #636224] Mon, 20 April 2015 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
OK, I'll try one more time.

I would be very surprised if anyone will teach you. You must pay someone to do the job on your behalf. Or work out how to do it yourself.
Re: Where to find Oracle Service Providers - Freelancers ? [message #636422 is a reply to message #636227] Thu, 23 April 2015 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolphin0
John Watson wrote on Mon, 20 April 2015 09:02
OK, I'll try one more time.

I would be very surprised if anyone will teach you. You must pay someone to do the job on your behalf. Or work out how to do it yourself.

did you read what i said? YES, I WILL PAY.
Re: Where to find Oracle Service Providers - Freelancers ? [message #636424 is a reply to message #636422] Thu, 23 April 2015 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
So you have decided to ask for deveopment services, not tuition? Good move. In that case, write down the RFQ or ITT, and distribute it. So far, you have not said what your own system is that this interface must talk to. And of course you must list the external entities to which you wish to connect. Make te spec as complete as you can, so that people can cost a solution accurately.

However, I have to say that the difficulties I (and possibly others) have in understanding what you want will not make people eager to contract with you. I shall certainly not submit a tender. It seems to me to be more trouble than it is worth. For one thing only: this business of "escrow" that you have mentioned does not conform to the business ethics that I like to work with.
Re: Where to find Oracle Service Providers - Freelancers ? [message #636425 is a reply to message #636424] Thu, 23 April 2015 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

Quote:
For one thing only: this business of "escrow" that you have mentioned does not conform to the business ethics that I like to work with.

And even less for the Frog I am where "escrow" exactly sounds like the French "escroc" which means crook, swindler... Smile

Re: Where to find Oracle Service Providers - Freelancers ? [message #636428 is a reply to message #636424] Thu, 23 April 2015 15:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolphin0
John: I am not in position that I would be able to afford to CHOOSE whether I want software developed or lectures. I will take what I will get offered. What kind of "system" you mean? I have Windows. No idea what do you mean with "external entities".

Michel: if you don't know what escrow is, google it.
Re: Where to find Oracle Service Providers - Freelancers ? [message #636429 is a reply to message #636428] Thu, 23 April 2015 15:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

I know what it is, it does not change the phonetic approximation and then the semantic one. It is just the way the brain works.

Re: Where to find Oracle Service Providers - Freelancers ? [message #636442 is a reply to message #636428] Fri, 24 April 2015 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
I'll write it for you. Standard rate is US$250 per hour, billed daily in advance. I can start the day following payment received.

What do you want me to do?
Re: Where to find Oracle Service Providers - Freelancers ? [message #636481 is a reply to message #636442] Sat, 25 April 2015 17:08 Go to previous message
dolphin0
John Watson wrote on Fri, 24 April 2015 01:37
I'll write it for you. Standard rate is US$250 per hour, billed daily in advance. I can start the day following payment received.

What do you want me to do?

that amount per hour is very much nonsense. Anyway, I can pay yes but into escrow so I can be protected too. Additionally would like to know estimated quantity of hours to make sure I can afford the service. Description is in one of the posts above.
Previous Topic: Anyone interested in APEX 5 ?
Next Topic: DB12c + APEX 4.2.6 hosting, US$49.95 a month
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:39:41 CDT 2024