Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » .rdf vs .xml report format (merged) (Oracle Forms and Reports 11G)
.rdf vs .xml report format (merged) [message #684166] Wed, 14 April 2021 05:32 Go to next message
syseyes
Im trying to know if there is any difference between a report definition in .rdf vs the same in .xml format.
It looks that Reports Builder works well with both formats and are mutually convertible.
I found no differences running between .rdf report and the same one converted to .xml.

Do both formats support the same capabilities? There is any loss of functionality converting from rdf to xml ?

Many thanks.

Re: .rdf vs .xml report format [message #684167 is a reply to message #684166] Wed, 14 April 2021 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

Maybe Wikipedia is a starting point: RDF XML.

Re: .rdf vs .xml report format [message #684168 is a reply to message #684167] Wed, 14 April 2021 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
syseyes
Im refering at the rdf format used for oracle reports. .rdf is a format used by oracle reports to especify how a report should be executed and viewed. Internaly looks like a binary format.

On the other hand the .xml version of reports uses his own dtd. It does not look like to me like the W3C Resource Description Framework

Just an example:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="WINDOWS-1252" ?>
<report name="ch_lst_presencia" DTDVersion="9.0.2.0.10"
beforeReportTrigger="beforereport">
<xmlSettings xmlTag="CH_LST_PRESENCIA" xmlPrologType="text">
<![CDATA[<?xml version="1.0" encoding="&Encoding"?>]]>
</xmlSettings>
<reportHtmlEscapes>
<beforeReportHtmlEscape>
<![CDATA[<html>
<body bgcolor="#ffffff">
]]>
</beforeReportHtmlEscape>
<beforePageHtmlEscape>
<![CDATA[#NULL#]]>
</beforePageHtmlEscape>
<afterPageHtmlEscape>
<![CDATA[<hr size=5 noshade>
]]>
</afterPageHtmlEscape>
<beforeFormHtmlEscape>"
.rdf vs .xml report format [message #684169 is a reply to message #684166] Wed, 14 April 2021 07:02 Go to previous message
syseyes
We are using oracle reports to generate PDF's. We are considering switching from .rdf format to .xml format

Im trying to know if there is any difference between a report definition in .rdf vs the same in .xml format.

It looks that Reports Builder works well with both formats and are mutually convertible.
I found no differences running between .rdf report and the same one converted to .xml.

Do both formats support the same capabilities? There is any loss of functionality converting from rdf to xml ?

Many thanks.

[Updated on: Wed, 14 April 2021 07:04]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: how to create chart in oracle reports 6i
Next Topic: Reverse print Issue
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:51:41 CDT 2024