Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Data Extraction (Oracle 12C)
Data Extraction [message #684465] Fri, 11 June 2021 09:30 Go to next message
ssharmila
Hi Team,
I am having a LOG_Comments column VARCHAR2(4000 BYTE), it contains mail ids, some random text with mail ids and numbers too
Am trying to query the rows which is having the email id and numbers
while using REG_EXP LIKE am getting the columns having only mail ids , but i need to get some random text with mail ids also

eg : I can able to retrieve 'xyz@abc.com' but not 'Replacement -need abc@ghncom,xyz@ghn.com'
please suggest your ideas
Re: Data Extraction [message #684466 is a reply to message #684465] Fri, 11 June 2021 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

Welcome to the forum.
Please read the OraFAQ Forum Guide and How to use [code] tags and make your code easier to read.
Indent the code, use code tags and align the columns in result.

Also always post your Oracle version, with 4 decimals (query v$version), as often solution depends on it.

With any SQL or PL/SQL question, please, post a working Test case: create table (including all constraints) and insert statements along with the result you want with these data then we will be able work with your table and data. Explain with words and sentences the rules that lead to this result.

Re: Data Extraction [message #688110 is a reply to message #684466] Wed, 23 August 2023 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aarondedja
I know this response might come a bit late, but for others in the same boat, here's an idea. Dealing with data extraction quirks can be a puzzle! When it comes to retrieving both email IDs and the random text around them, it's a bit tricky. You could try diving into product data cleansing techniques.
Re: Data Extraction [message #688114 is a reply to message #688110] Fri, 25 August 2023 00:47 Go to previous message
mathguy
Aarondedja wrote on Wed, 23 August 2023 12:25
I I know this response might come a bit late, but for others in the same boat, here's an idea. Dealing with data extraction quirks can be a puzzle! When it comes to retrieving both email IDs and the random text around them, it's a bit tricky. You could try diving into product data cleansing techniques.

Brilliant! How could we miss such a remarkable answer?

I stand in admiration of your great first contribution to the forum. I hope we will get many more from you in the future!
Previous Topic: ORA-38824: A CREATE OR REPLACE command may not change the EDITIONABLE property of an existing object
Next Topic: Getting Error - ORA-01858
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:41:28 CDT 2024