Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » WebCenter Suite & Portal » OWA: Passing dynamic parameters to pl/sql
OWA: Passing dynamic parameters to pl/sql [message #77374] Thu, 20 June 2002 08:00 Go to next message
Huch
Hi,

To use OWA, the standard way is:

In the HTML form, whatever name/value pairs exist, the name from each name/value pair must exist in the PL/SQL procedure declaration. So if my HTML form has inputs name,age, address then my PL/SQL procedure being called in the ACTION clause must have name, age, address in the declaration.

I have a situation where the NAME field itself is dynamic. In addition, the no of name/value pairs also changes depending on certain conditions when the form is generated.

So how do I handle this in PL/SQL ?

Thank
Re: OWA: Passing dynamic parameters to pl/sql [message #77382 is a reply to message #77374] Wed, 17 July 2002 01:50 Go to previous message
pallavi
One of the solutions could be:
Have a set of hidden fields with same name say "names".
And all the elements on the form will have same name say "form_element". So when the form is submitted these two will get submitted as array.
The pl/sql procedure to which this will be submitted will have two input params. as:
names in owa_util.ident_arr,
form_elements in owa_util.ident_arr.
Previous Topic: MOD_PL/SQL
Next Topic: Re: Oracle webdb download
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 03:45:15 CDT 2024