Home » Server Options » RAC & Failsafe » RAC Windows 2003 server hangs
icon9.gif  RAC Windows 2003 server hangs [message #127938] Thu, 14 July 2005 04:22 Go to next message
smartprg
Dear All,
I am facing the problem of server hang on which RAC database is installed. I installed RAC on two nodes which are windows 2003 server without any service pack. My problem is first server is getting hang now & then and i cannot even getting the login window of the operating system (windows 2003).
If anyone encounter the similar problem, i would like to know the cause and Solution of the problem.
I need to restart the server forcibly by pushing the server button. Everything is getting to normal after restart.

please advice me

Thanks,
smartprg
Re: RAC Windows 2003 server hangs [message #289912 is a reply to message #127938] Wed, 26 December 2007 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bweiler
Have you resolved this problem?

Our problem is very similar.
We are trying to run a RAC GIS database on a Windows environment with Oracle 10g (10.2.0.2).

We have been down every Monday morning for the past 4 weeks. Our servers get hung, but not bad enough for RAC to realize that the server is not functioning. No Oracle errors are produced, but the server goes into a hung state. Re-booting is the only solution that we have found at this point.
Re: RAC Windows 2003 server hangs [message #289918 is a reply to message #289912] Wed, 26 December 2007 10:20 Go to previous message
DreamzZ
AFAIK in Linux we set some parameters for HANG CHECK and i hope there would be some alternative on windows enviroment.
In Linux we use

Hangcheck-timer is used to check the node for hangs default time is 60 sec for this.
And the other parameter is hangcheck-margin defines timer waits for a response from the kernel.Default is 180 sec.

You should check documentation for windows enviroment.

Previous Topic: Best RAID for ASM
Next Topic: multiplexing to reduce I/O contention
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 13:22:26 CDT 2024