Home » Server Options » RAC & Failsafe » Multiple versions of Linux for one RAC database.
Multiple versions of Linux for one RAC database. [message #194296] Thu, 21 September 2006 07:38 Go to next message
cajohn
I currently have a 4 Node 9i RAC setup on Linux AS2.1, but would like to upgrade to AS4. One of my nodes is having a well known problem with the SCSI card. The fix I found was to upgrade to AS3 or later. I would like to go to 4 with this one system and then gradually do the others when I have time, but I am not sure it this is possible. Can I have one server running AS4 while the others are still on AS2.1? If I can do this it will make my upgrading a lot easier as I can do one system at a time and have no down time.
Re: Multiple versions of Linux for one RAC database. [message #196557 is a reply to message #194296] Thu, 05 October 2006 21:58 Go to previous message
SameerZai
Theoritically, RAC is supposed to be a SMTP setup.

However, i have seen that our Staging ran completely fine when we unkowingly had 3 nodes actually running on different patch levels -- didn't even noticed anything.

Also, Oracle is widely promoting the concept of Rolling upgrades with RAC, which means you can upgrade one node at a time without actually bringing down the whole cluster.

-Sameer Zai.
Previous Topic: Clusterware Installation
Next Topic: Listener of Node2 doesn't work!!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 22:25:24 CDT 2024