Home » Developer & Programmer » Data Integration » DBMS_JOBS doesn't release jobs.
DBMS_JOBS doesn't release jobs. [message #222588] Mon, 05 March 2007 09:49
jango
Hello there,

I am refreshing materialized views from a remote site and I am running the process in a multi-threaded fashion by invoking the dbms_job package. Out of the 100 odd materialized views that I am refreshing, oracle completes about 85 of the refreshes but holds on to the last 15 jobs. In otherwords it completes the refreshes of these 15 but the jobs do not leave the queue. I can see the total_time in dba_jobs and it is accumulating. Question is what is it doing and I have resorted to having these 15 sessions killed everytime it happens. Now I have come up with another workaround solution that runs the refresh process in parallel through multiple sqlplus sessions. This does not use the DBMS_JOB queue. The refresh is done through DBMS_SNAPSHOTS.REFRESH proc.

Also, I would like to know how the sqlplus ARRAYSIZE parameter helps in a refresh. I don't see any refrence to it anywhere where Materialized views are mentioned.

Thanks in advance.

JANGO

[Updated on: Mon, 05 March 2007 13:01]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Can't connecting to Workflow Schema
Next Topic: Location Error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:00:22 CDT 2024