Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » OracleDBConsoleorcl cannot start in this local computer
OracleDBConsoleorcl cannot start in this local computer [message #228902] Wed, 04 April 2007 08:56 Go to next message
lai@cua.edu
Anyone can help?

My Oracle 10G was works very well, but recently it did not startup OracleDBConsoleorcl. Then, I reinstalled Oracle 10G on my laptop. Installation is successful. When I startup the OracleDBConsoleorcl in service. The error code 3: the system cannot find specified path. OracleDBConsoleorcl cannot start in this local computer. Do you know what parameter I should put in? Thanks,

Shan
Re: OracleDBConsoleorcl cannot start in this local computer [message #228908 is a reply to message #228902] Wed, 04 April 2007 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mohammad Taj

Hi,
Are you uninstall Oracle Software cleanly before install again ?
what is your new database Oracle SID.
try to start oracle dbconsole service on command prompt
set oracle_sid=<sid>
emctl start dbconsole

post any error if you received.

regards
Taj
Re: OracleDBConsoleorcl cannot start in this local computer [message #290885 is a reply to message #228902] Wed, 02 January 2008 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lama_naim

hi,
please tell me what to do, i have an application server 10g and suddenly the Oracle DBConsoleorcl service was not working and it's giving the error code 3 which is the system connot find the path specified and i tried the solution u r suggesting and also it didn't work it was giving unknown command option "start" or component "dbconsole" , so what to do now?
thnx for help
Re: OracleDBConsoleorcl cannot start in this local computer [message #290911 is a reply to message #290885] Wed, 02 January 2008 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mohammad Taj

Where your given above command.
on sql prompt or command prompt ?
you have to give above command on "command prompt" not in sql prompt.
Re: OracleDBConsoleorcl cannot start in this local computer [message #391903 is a reply to message #228902] Sat, 14 March 2009 08:16 Go to previous message
narahari
Hi Mohammad Taj.
My Oracle 10G was works very well, but recently it did not startup OracleDBConsoleoracle. Then, I reinstalled Oracle 10G on my laptop. Installation is successful. When I startup the OracleDBConsoleorcl in service. the following alert is coming...

Windows cpuld not start the Oracle DBConsoleoracle on local computer.for more information,review the System Event Log,refer to service-specific error code 2.

so i saw your reply to the previous post and i followed your method

set oracle_sid=<sid>
emctl start dbconsole

then iam getting error like....
Oc4j configuration issue.C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\db_1\oc4j\j2ee\OC4J_DBConsole_172.28.4.105_oracle is not found...

but actually that folder is there...
please solve my problem..thanks in advance..
Previous Topic: How to Install Grid Control?
Next Topic: How to use em2go mobile OEM application
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:11:50 CDT 2024