Home » Server Options » RAC & Failsafe » ASM on Fedora 7
ASM on Fedora 7 [message #269385] Fri, 21 September 2007 23:01 Go to next message
mson77
Hello ALL,

My environment is Fedora 7 (kernel 2.6.22.5-76.fc7) and I have oracle 10g (v 10.2.0.1 32bit) installed.
I have 03 disks installed. They are:
/dev/sda
/dev/sdb (unused)
/dev/sdc (unused)

The device /dev/sda is being used by Fedora7.
The other 2 devices ("b" and "c") I want use them as ASM. They are not partitioned yet. Just visible to fedora when "fdisk -l" command is issued.

To make them available as ASM disks... I want to download the utilities:

==> oracleasm-support
==> oracleasmlib
==> oracleasm

As oracle does not support Fedora7... how can I go on? I mean, how can I get oracleasm/oracleasmlib/oracleasm-support? No way?

Well... if ASM is not possible with Fedora7... any suggestion to implement shared disk architecture? Should I use OCFS2? Is it possible on Fedora7? I guess it is the same case as ASM (no way to download version to F7).

No way for Fedora7...(to create shared disk architecture)?

Also, on oracle site I saw ASMLib source to download and compile. A debian linux user has already tried to compile with errors. The bug is still in open status. And Oracle says at this site/page that oracle provide support only for rpm created by oracle.

Thank you!

mson77

[Updated on: Sat, 22 September 2007 10:12]

Report message to a moderator

Re: ASM on Fedora 7 [message #269476 is a reply to message #269385] Sat, 22 September 2007 13:30 Go to previous message
mson77
Hello ALL,

Just to share information with you.

ChandraP wrote:
Most likely ASMLib and OCFS packages may not be available for the kernel version you are using (I did check asmlib and it is not available). As such ASMLib and/or OCFS are not really mandatory for having ASM...you can very well use the raw devices for creating diskgroups for ASM.

Thanks
Chandra

Regards,

mson77
Previous Topic: Application migration from non RAC databases to RAC databases Options
Next Topic: RAC fail over problem,client report tns-12535 time out
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:00:02 CDT 2024