Home » Non-English Forums » Russian » Help pasting in Russian letters(Cyrilic) into Report Builder (Report builder 10.2)
Help pasting in Russian letters(Cyrilic) into Report Builder [message #302974] Wed, 27 February 2008 08:22 Go to next message
petis
Hi there.
I been handed the nice job of adapting some reports into russian.

I've been given the russian text in a mail, so all I need is to copy paste into the corresponding fields in the report in report builder.

However. It just comes out as ?????????
I have changed the language on my computer to russian so that I can type in Cyrilic letters "Дшлу ершы" But I can't copy paste it into report builder for some reason.

NLS_LANG is set to AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8MSWIN1252
I've tried changing it(using regedit) to RUSSIAN.CL8KOI8R
However that didn't help anything

I tried to change it into CROATIAN_CROATIA.UTF8, cause I read about it when I googled. I shouldn't have tried that, since I now need to reisntall the whole Oracle package.

BUT!
It can be done, a colleague got it to work a year ago, though the person helping him then has left the company and he don't know what was done.

Anyone got any ideas on how to be able to copy Paste Russian letters into Report Builder without it becoming "?????" ?

[Updated on: Wed, 27 February 2008 08:22]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Help pasting in Russian letters(Cyrilic) into Report Builder [message #303041 is a reply to message #302974] Wed, 27 February 2008 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I'm sorry, I can't help; only, people in Croatia do NOT use Cyrillic letter so - changing NLS_LANG to CROATIAN_CROATIA.UTF8 was doomed to failure (at least, that's what I think about it). However, people in Serbia, Macedonia and Bulgaria use it so - perhaps you'll be more lucky with one of these settings.

Although, I don't quite understand why would any of these be better than pure Russian settings.
Re: Help pasting in Russian letters(Cyrilic) into Report Builder [message #303122 is a reply to message #303041] Thu, 28 February 2008 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
petis
I tried the Croatian cause I read it on another forum. And because I wasn't able to get the russian to work unfortunatly.
So still wondering if anyone else might know what I need to do
Re: Help pasting in Russian letters(Cyrilic) into Report Builder [message #352540 is a reply to message #303122] Wed, 08 October 2008 05:36 Go to previous message
Charlesh
I try to the same in Arabic letters into Report Builder did you solve this stuff with russian I changed the NLS_LANG into Arabic and still have ?????? when I copy and paste.

Thank you
Previous Topic: How to error messages in russian language, (NLS parameters)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 03:59:08 CDT 2024